Addiction and Recovery Resources
To support our clients and the community at large, New York Center for Living offers dynamic programming and resources that focus on education, assessment and referral, 12-step abstinence-based treatment and continued follow-up care.
We know that help works and is key to understanding addiction and the recovery process. Please join us for one of our on-site programs. Feel free to let us know what additional information and resources we can provide to assist you and keep you informed.
This educational series is free and open to the public. Join us each month for informative sessions led by a member of our clinical team or our executive director. Each session offers a 45-minute lecture on topics related to adolescent addiction and recovery, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
Advance registration is requested as space is limited and reservations are taken in the order by which they are received. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This series covers the fundamental issues affecting families who are experiencing problems with substance use. Topics include:
- Signs and symptoms – How to determine if someone you know is experimenting with or has a chemical dependency
- What to do if you think your child is using drugs
- How to motivate an adolescent or young adult to participate in treatment
- Is it anxiety? Is it substance abuse? Or is it both?
- How to help a sibling cope with substance abuse in the home
- How to untangle distress signals and know when to intervene
- What does marijuana legislation mean to me?
- What are opioids?
- What can we do about the opioid overdose epidemic?
- Phases of treatment – Recovery is an ongoing process and everyone’s need for support and guidance varies. This Q&A provides an overview of the three different treatment phases to meet individuals and their families wherever they are in this journey.
- Recovery, self-care and nutrition – Tips and tools to use to help you during your recovery focusing on healthy living, nutrition and overall wellness.
Additional topics are added regularly. For a complete list or to suggest a topic that you would like us to feature, contact us at email@example.com.
Professional TrainingSee Upcoming Programs
Professional Training and Continuing Education Credit Worshops
New York Center for Living offers training courses for professionals, provided by our team and respected guests presenters in the field of addiction, recovery and family therapy. Our programs are open to all, and CEU course credit is available for LMSW, LCSW and CASAC with advance registration. Programs range from two to eight hours. CEU credits vary by course, depending on the length of the program. Breakfast provided.
Topics include how to identify student drug use and what to do; treatment options for children and young adults; how to get a family to accept their child is using drugs; and the legal rights to intervene on behalf of a minor.
Advance registration is requested as space is limited and reservations are taken in the order by which they are received. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org